Two vacant Associate Research Scientist positions in Nicosia, Cyprus
The Cyprus Institute (CyI) is a non-profit research and educational institution with a strong scientific and technological orientation, emphasizing international collaborations and cross-disciplinary research and post graduate education. CyI, through its established research centers, addresses challenging issues that are important at both the regional and international levels. Many of its research activities are being carried out in partnership with leading institutions in the respective thematic areas.
The selected scientist will lead research activities in the field of chemical-physical analysis of works of art and Cultural Heritage artifacts. As such s/he will manage and lead the development of the chemical-physical lab in the context of the Andreas Pittas Art Characterisation (APAC) Labs at the Science and Technology in Archaeology and Culture (STARC) research center at CyI.
The appointment will be on a full time basis, initially for a fixed-term period, with the potential of renewal depending on performance and availability of funds.
The successful candidate will be carrying out the following activities:
· Responsible for the chemical-physical analysis and diagnostics of works of art and Cultural Heritage artifacts.
· Development and overseeing the activities of the chemical-physical lab in the context of APAC Labs/ STARC.
· Interaction and contribution to the research work of the interdisciplinary team of APAC Labs/ STARC.
· Development autonomous research, aligned with the APAC Labs research agenda and CyI.
· Contribution to the preparation of deliverables and activity reports in related externally funded projects.
· Contribution to the preparation of research proposals for external grants.
· Submission of research proposals for external grants.
· Supervision and mentoring of research assistants and technical specialists.
· Contribution to the academic activities of STARC.
Full details can be found here: https://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/?q=
Details for a similar post, for research activities in the field of Digital imaging / 3D documentation and visualization for Archaeology, Art and Cultural Heritage and to manage and lead the development of the 2D/3D laboratory in the context of APAC Labs/ STARC, can be found here: https://jobboard.cyi.ac.cy/?q=
The closing date for both positions is 19 August 2018.
Post a Comment